Saturday, October 18, 2014

a little behind...

I know that I haven't blogged since we moved here.  I have been pretty busy.
Here is a quick update.  Olivia started school.  She is currently in Pre-K because of her birthday being in October.  Kind of lame, but I am pretty confident that I will be moving her up into Kinder when she turns 5 in another week or so.  I started school again this semester.  I am going to be taking a break for a while.  It is quite a lot of work with school and kids and all.
In August, I got to see these beautiful ladies and their kiddos.  I miss them.  Beth is just too busy in Germany and I am so happy that I only live about an hour away from Courtney.  We have already gotten to see her last month and I am hoping that we can do it again soon.

 We bought a BBQ.  I am so happy about this.  Ben is too.  We  haven't had one since we moved from Chico.  We got rid of ours because we had one built in our deck in the apts.  Then when we moved, it was just too expensive for BBQ food in Fort Bragg.  We are happy about this and have used it quite a bit already.
 Braxton did some potty training.  We still have to remind him to go about every hour and stuff, but he is in big boy pants and he can take his nap without wetting the bed.  HOORAY!
 During Potty training, Ben took Olivia for a daddy/daughter day.  They did all sorts of stuff.
 We got a year pass to the kids museum.  That is a hit everytime we go!  I am happy about that.
 One Saturday, we were in need of a break, and headed to the Jelly Belly Factory.   The kids loved it.
 October hit and we headed to the Pumpkin Patch.  It was on a Wed., so it wasn't that great since most of the amenities are available on the weekends, but it was still fun.  Even though it was HOT!  Like 97 hot.
 Our Hay ride.
 Olivia on the pony
 Braxton on his pony too.
 Kids love it when daddy comes home.
 Olivia's school picture.  She LOVES school and she is so smart.
On other news, we got three foster kids.  They are 7,6,1 yrs old.  It is quite a lot of work.  I am glad we bought a van last year.  It is nice that the older two are in school.  During the day there are only two kids and me, then lunch time 4 and then the oldest is back by 3.  It is fun.  It definitely keeps us busy.

1 comment: