Friday, October 10, 2008

Tshirts for Prop 8


i need to take this time to annouce to everyone that ben and i are voting yes on prop 8 in california. this is stating that marriage is between a man and a woman. thousands of people back in 2000 voted yes on prop 22, which was the same thing. yet 4 supreme court judges think that they can just override that decision. the last time i checked we were a democracy, right?? how are they just going to change the opinion of the people when we voted on it! that is just stupid!!! so i am here to promote this again. as the general authorities just had a broadcast and were talking about this, well it seemed pretty serious! so i went to protectmarriage.com and i found that they sell tshirts....now ben and i don't have all the time in the world and the GA's asked everyone to give 4 hours a week. well we decided that wearing these shirts would help donate that time! so go and get your shirts today!!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Good for you Katie and Ben! A few of our member out here think that it is wrong for us to get involved as a church. They sustain the prophet, but not his decision to support Prop 8. It gets me so mad I can hardly hold my tongue! The first few conference talks on Sunday are helping me with that issue! In these last days Satan is really going to do everything to make us bend even just a little. Way to stand for something Katie! I still don't understand how those judges were able to over throw the votes of "We the people."

Angie said...

Save me from my ignorance. Read my last post and comment. Here's the link:

http://angielikesyou.blogspot.com/2008/10/confession-of-politically-ignorant.html

Nancy Webb said...

Good for you and Ben Katie. Right is right no matter how many judges try to change it. My mother always used to say "two wrongs don't make a right" whenever I gave stupid reasons for things that I wanted to do as a kid that were difinitely not right. I love you guys and am ready for another visit!!!